iAXCESS Unveils Breakthrough Acronis Backup 12 Solution
3 Clicks to Install, 2 Times Faster than Closest Competitor, World’s Fastest Restore in 15 Seconds or Less
Expands Data Protection to the Cloud, Across Physical and Virtual Systems, and onto Mobile Devices with Support for 15 Platforms, including Microsoft, Amazon, Android, Apple, Linux, and VMWare vSphere
July, 2016 – Acronis, a leading provider of hybrid cloud data protection, today announced Acronis Backup 12, available at iaXCESS, a game-changing new solution that protects businesses’ full digital image.
With most business assets now being digital and not confined to a single device or location, businesses need a backup solution that is designed to provide complete data protection to support this new way of operating. Acronis Backup 12 is unlike any other solution with its ability to backup and protect company data in today’s hybrid cloud IT environments – whether it resides in the cloud, on-premises, across virtual and physical systems, in remote systems, and on mobile devices.
“Data is the lifeline of today’s digital businesses – a loss for even a few minutes can put you out of business forever,” said Serguei Beloussov, co-founder and CEO at Acronis. “With Acronis Backup 12, businesses get the complete protection required in this new digital world with the ability to control their data no matter where it resides combined with the power to get it back faster than ever before in the event of a loss or an outside attack.”
Addressing Today’s Expanding Need for Complete Data Protection
Legacy backup solutions do not provide adequate protection due to the increasingly complex IT infrastructures in use today with multiple physical systems, virtual environments, cloud workloads, and more mobile devices. Companies also face greater risks and vulnerabilities related to external threats like Ransomware, which has seen a 400% increase in mobile device attacks since 2014.1
As a result, improving data backup and recovery ranks among the top two IT priorities for businesses over the next 12 months, according to Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG).
“Whether you’re using a virtual only solution or combination of solutions, if you’re not already re-examining your backup strategy, now’s the time,” said Jason Buffington, Principal Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). “As production workloads continue to evolve and data volumes increase, legacy approaches for backup and recovery quickly become inadequate, thus driving the need for faster, more complete data protection solutions. Acronis Backup 12 addresses these expanding needs by offering a single solution with unified management console that enables user to quickly manage and recover their data, no matter where it resides.”
Acronis Backup 12 Gives IT Managers Complete Control of Data
Acronis Backup 12 is the only solution that gives businesses complete control over the location of their data, systems, and backups, including best-in-class capabilities for protecting virtual environments. As a result, IT managers always know where their company data is located and who has access to it, even when stored in the cloud and with cloud applications, such as Microsoft Office 365.
In the event of data loss, Acronis Backup 12 provides businesses with a range of recovery options, including file, email, and database recovery; system recovery, including bare-metal recovery, active restore, instant restore, and vmFlashBack; cloud disaster recovery; and physical data shipment. Acronis Backup 12 also enables IT Managers to migrate data, applications and systems to any platform.
Why Now is the Time for Businesses to Move to Acronis Backup 12
• Cloud Convergence with New Unified Web Console – Makes it easier than ever for IT managers to converge cloud and on-premises data protection by backing up and managing all individual workload environments, including on-premises and cloud, physical systems, virtual hosts and machines, and cloud workloads, from a single place on any device.
• Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) in 15 seconds or less with Acronis Instant Restore™ – Addresses the business continuity needs for today’s ‘always-on’ business with the patented Acronis Instant Restore, allowing IT Managers to reduce RTO to seconds by running any physical or virtual Windows or Linux system backup as a VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine.
• Support for Cloud Workloads with New Hybrid Cloud Architecture – Provides broad platform support of current backup solutions on the market, allowing IT Managers to back up on-premises physical and virtual systems, as well as Microsoft Azure VMs and Amazon EC2 instances for complete protection of the entire IT infrastructure and applications.
• Complete Protection for PCs, Macs, and Mobile devices – Supports today’s latest platforms and devices, enabling IT Managers to back up Microsoft Windows PCs and Tablets, Macs, iPads, iPhones and any Android devices to protect every endpoint of every user.
• Virtual Host Backup – Backs up VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V hosts (not just VMs) and recovers them to dissimilar hardware for complete protection of virtual infrastructures.
Acronis Backup 12 also provides the broadest range of data protection support for Microsoft infrastructure and applications, including Microsoft Exchange, Office365, SharePoint, Active Directory, Windows Server, Windows PC, Hyper-V, Azure, as well as Azure Stack upon its release to the market.
“We’ve been using backup software from other vendors for a number of years, but the new features of Acronis Backup 12 may be enough to persuade us to start using Acronis,” said Nick Shmakov, General Manager, Res-Q-IT. “It’s a fantastic product with a very intuitive user interface, and without hassle to deploy, configure, and manage.”
“Simplicity is the key interest to us, and after testing Acronis Backup 12, it has delivered,” said Bhavin Solgama, Managing Director at Qilnix. “Both the installation and the backup management process are very easy, even to a new user. And the unified management console provides a great snapshot of what is going on at any point in time.”
Acronis Backup 12 is available in the middle east and Gulf Region at iAXCESS
For more information on the new Acronis Backup 12, click here
To trial or buy Acronis Backup 12, click here
Acronis sets the standard for hybrid cloud data protection through its backup, cloud storage, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share solutions. Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine and set apart by its image technology, Acronis delivers easy, complete and affordable data protection of all files, applications and operating systems across any environment—virtual, physical, cloud and mobile. Founded in 2003, Acronis protects the data of over 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 145 countries. With more than 100 patents, Acronis products have been named best product of the year, and cover a range of features, including migration, cloning and replication. Today, Acronis solutions are available worldwide through a global network of service providers, distributors and cloud resellers.